Lot 10: LONDON DINING, HOTEL & ART TOUR AT THE SERPENTINE [2 GUESTS]
Catalog Note: Set amid the lush greenery of London’s Kensington Gardens, the celebrated Serpentine Galleries has championed the work of both established and up-and-coming artists for almost half a century. IfOnly and Sotheby’s unlock rare access to the gallery in this exclusive Serpentine experience.
Join Serpentine CEO Yana Peel for a private, closed-to-the-public tour of its exhibition spaces. Together you will explore the gallery’s expansive grounds and encounter a wide-range of works, such as British artist Rose Wylie’s large-scale, comic book-inspired paintings and the compelling photographic portraits of Torbjorn Rodland.
After the tour, head to the recently-opened art-focused Duddell’s restaurant set within the historic St. Thomas Church in London Bridge for authentic Cantonese cuisine prepared by Chef Daren Liew. Enjoy six courses of traditional Chinese cooking, including hand-crafted dim sum, paired with expertly-chosen champagne and wines. During your stay you will witness Chef Liew’s decades of experience up close when he leads you in a hands-on cooking class.
Throughout your stay you will enjoy suite accommodations at the acclaimed Town Hall Hotel. Set in the heart of London’s vibrant East End, the hotel combines stunning, Edwardian-period architecture with modern interiors and comforts to create a truly unique hospitality experience.
Funds from this experience will benefit Serpentine Galleries. Your support enables the Serpentine to remain free of charge and to continue to expand and diversify its unique and innovative series of Art, Architecture, Design, Education and Public Programs.
- Two-hour private tour of Serpentine Gallery with CEO Yana Peel.
- Two-nights accommodations in a one bedroom suite at Town Hall Hotel.
- Six-course Cantonese dinner, including champagne and wine, at Duddell's St. Thomas Church at London Bridge.
- Cooking class with Chef Daren Liew (to be arranged between 3pm-5pm).
Sample Tasting Menu:
- Slow cooked abalone & wild mushroom puff; Crispy pork belly with a smoked hoisin dressing; Ying yang prawn (A trio of appetizers); NV Champagne Ruinart Rosé, Reims, France.
- Maitake mushroom, sea whelk & baby cabbage soup; 2015 Maturano, Farinelli, Lazio, Italy.
- Wok baked ½ Canadian lobster, hijiki, crispy leek & supreme cheese served with a Chinese bun; 2015 Chablis 1er Cru ‘Les Fourneaux’ Colette Gros, Burgundy, France.
- Pan-fried Australian wagyu beef cooked in port; 2010 Cedro do Noval, Quinta do Noval, Douro, Portugal.
- Truffle black cod with Cantonese X.O fried rice & asparagus; 2009 Château Musar blanc, Beqaa Valley, Lebanon.
- Coconut & lime panna cotta; 2009 Gold Label Ice Wine, Château Changyu, Liaoning, China.
Exclusions and Restrictions:
- Scheduling is mutually agreeable and based on availability.
Accepted Forms of Payment
American Express, COD (cash on delivery), MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Other, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer
Conditions of Sale
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 0.0% and any applicable taxes and shipping
Conditions of Sale for Experience Art & Culture: An Online AuctionPrint
SOTHEBY'S OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE SHIPPING SERVICE TO MEET ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
IF YOU RECEIVED A SHIPPING QUOTATION OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SERVICES WE OFFER PLEASE CONTACT US.
COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
POST SALE SERVICES
+ 1 212 606 7444
FAX: + 1 212 606 7043
ONCE YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND CLEARED, PROPERTY MAY BE RELEASED. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED BY SOTHEBY'S, ALL PURCHASES MUST BE REMOVED BY THE 30TH CALENDAR DAY FOLLOWING A SALE.
COLLECTING YOUR PROPERTY
AS A COURTESY TO PURCHASERS WHO COME TO SOTHEBY'S TO COLLECT PROPERTY, SOTHEBY'S WILL ASSIST IN THE PACKING OF LOTS, ALTHOUGH SOTHEBY'S MAY, IN THE CASE OF FRAGILE ARTICLES, CHOOSE NOT TO PACK OR OTHERWISE HANDLE A PURCHASE.
IF YOU ARE USING YOUR OWN SHIPPER TO COLLECT PROPERTY FROM SOTHEBY'S, PLEASE PROVIDE A LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION AND KINDLY INSTRUCT YOUR SHIPPER THAT THEY MUST PROVIDE A BILL OF LADING PRIOR TO COLLECTION. BOTH DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT TO POST SALE SERVICES PRIOR TO COLLECTION.
THE BILL OF LADING MUST INCLUDE: THE PURCHASER'S FULL NAME, THE FULL DELIVERY ADDRESS INCLUDING THE STREET NAME AND NUMBER, CITY AND STATE OR CITY AND COUNTRY, THE SALE AND LOT NUMBER.
SOTHEBY'S WILL CONTACT YOUR SHIPPER WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIPT OF THE BILL OF LADING TO CONFIRM THE DATE AND TIME THAT YOUR PROPERTY CAN BE COLLECTED. PROPERTY WILL NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT THIS CONFIRMATION AND YOUR SHIPPER MUST BRING THE SAME BILL OF LADING THAT WAS FAXED TO SOTHEBY'S WHEN COLLECTING. ALL PROPERTY RELEASES ARE SUBJECT TO THE RECEIPT OF CLEARED FUNDS.
PLEASE SEE THE CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.