Lot 6: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EXPEDITION TO PERU: INCAN ODYSSEY [2 GUESTS]
Catalog Note: Discover Peru’s rich cultural traditions—both ancient and contemporary—on a weeklong adventure with National Geographic. Journey from the blossoming arts districts of Lima to the Andean villages and Inca ruins of the Sacred Valley, to incredible Machu Picchu, delving into each destination with top local guides.
Arrive in Lima and spend a day exploring this bustling capital on expert-led tours. Stroll through the beautiful neighborhoods of San Isidro and Miraflores, visit the trendy Barranco arts district—known as the SoHo of Lima—then stop at the Larco Museum to view its stunning collection of pre-Columbian art. From Lima you will fly to Cusco, a charming city high in the Andes that was once the seat of the Inca Empire. Enjoy two days to experience the city, visiting the Plaza de Armas and the San Blas Artisan District, and venturing to the iconic Sacsayhuaman Fortress on the outskirts of town.
Then journey deep into the Sacred Valley for an awe-inspiring visit to the town of Ollantaytambo, built atop Inca ruins. Ascend the massive steps of its Inca fortress, a truly astounding feat of engineering built into the emerald hillside. You will also be treated to a private tour of Pablo Seminario’s ceramic workshop, where local artisans still practice ancient Peruvian techniques and designs.
Conclude your trip with a visit to the legendary citadel of Machu Picchu. Enjoy a scenic train ride to the town of Aguas Calientes, the gateway to this iconic site, then continue to the hilltop ruins and discover why they have captivated the hearts and imagination of so many.
During your travels you will stay in two spectacular National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World: Inkaterra La Casona and Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba. At each, you’ll enjoy a complementary activity exclusive to National Geographic guests.
Proceeds from this experience will benefit the National Geographic Society. A global nonprofit organization committed to exploring and protecting our planet, the National Geographic Society funds hundreds of research and conservation projects around the world each year while inspiring new generations through education initiatives and resources.
- National Geographic trip for two through Peru with private guides.
- Suggested dates are May 13-19, 2018 (The winner of the auction may select any trip dates in 2018, subject to availability).
Trip package includes:
- Accommodations at two National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World: Inkaterra La Casona and Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba.
- National Geographic Exclusive experiences at Inkaterra La Casona and Inkaterra Hacienda Urubamba.
- English-speaking Peruvian guides.
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Bottled water at meals and in vehicles.
- Activities as indicated in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to sites as indicated in the itinerary.
- Airport transfers.
- Ground transportation as indicated in the itinerary.
- Included features are fully articulated in the itinerary: Sothebys.com/NatGeoPeru.
Does NOT include:
- International flights (USA – Lima / LIM – USA).
- International airport departure taxes (included in most international tickets).
- Meals not noted as included (discretionary).
- Beverages (discretionary).
- Travel insurance (discretionary).
- Passport fees, visas, and visa photos as required.
- Phone calls, laundry, and other items of a personal nature (discretionary).
-Tips and gratuities.
-Any other items not specifically noted as included.
Exclusions and Restrictions:
- Suggested trip dates are May 13 – 19, 2018; however, the auction winner may select alternative trip dates, subject to availability and mutual agreement between the winner of the auction and National Geographic Expeditions.
-Travel dates must fall within the 2018 calendar year.
- Alternative travel dates may incur additional costs.
- Accommodations are subject to change based on availability at the time of confirmation of the agreed travel dates.
- Domestic flights included in the itinerary are quoted in economy class. Upgraded seats will result in supplemental costs.
- Any changes to the proposed itinerary may incur additional fees.
- Travel is subject to acceptance of National Geographic Expeditions Terms and Conditions.
- Sotheby's will share your information with IfOnly for purposes of the fulfillment of the experience and IfOnly will share such information with National Geographic.
- Purchaser and any participant must complete the National Geographic Expeditions registration process by signing the applicable terms and conditions and providing any required information in order to be eligible for travel with National Geographic Expeditions.
- Please note you must approve National Geographic’s Terms and Conditions of sale which can be found by visiting Sothebys.com/NatGeoTermsandConditions. Additionally an itinerary for the trip can be found at Sothebys.com/NatGeoPeru.
Accepted Forms of Payment
American Express, COD (cash on delivery), MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Other, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer
Conditions of Sale
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 0.0% and any applicable taxes and shipping
SOTHEBY'S OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE SHIPPING SERVICE TO MEET ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
IF YOU RECEIVED A SHIPPING QUOTATION OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SERVICES WE OFFER PLEASE CONTACT US.
COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
POST SALE SERVICES
+ 1 212 606 7444
FAX: + 1 212 606 7043
ONCE YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND CLEARED, PROPERTY MAY BE RELEASED. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED BY SOTHEBY'S, ALL PURCHASES MUST BE REMOVED BY THE 30TH CALENDAR DAY FOLLOWING A SALE.
COLLECTING YOUR PROPERTY
AS A COURTESY TO PURCHASERS WHO COME TO SOTHEBY'S TO COLLECT PROPERTY, SOTHEBY'S WILL ASSIST IN THE PACKING OF LOTS, ALTHOUGH SOTHEBY'S MAY, IN THE CASE OF FRAGILE ARTICLES, CHOOSE NOT TO PACK OR OTHERWISE HANDLE A PURCHASE.
IF YOU ARE USING YOUR OWN SHIPPER TO COLLECT PROPERTY FROM SOTHEBY'S, PLEASE PROVIDE A LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION AND KINDLY INSTRUCT YOUR SHIPPER THAT THEY MUST PROVIDE A BILL OF LADING PRIOR TO COLLECTION. BOTH DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT TO POST SALE SERVICES PRIOR TO COLLECTION.
THE BILL OF LADING MUST INCLUDE: THE PURCHASER'S FULL NAME, THE FULL DELIVERY ADDRESS INCLUDING THE STREET NAME AND NUMBER, CITY AND STATE OR CITY AND COUNTRY, THE SALE AND LOT NUMBER.
SOTHEBY'S WILL CONTACT YOUR SHIPPER WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIPT OF THE BILL OF LADING TO CONFIRM THE DATE AND TIME THAT YOUR PROPERTY CAN BE COLLECTED. PROPERTY WILL NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT THIS CONFIRMATION AND YOUR SHIPPER MUST BRING THE SAME BILL OF LADING THAT WAS FAXED TO SOTHEBY'S WHEN COLLECTING. ALL PROPERTY RELEASES ARE SUBJECT TO THE RECEIPT OF CLEARED FUNDS.
PLEASE SEE THE CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.