Lot 9: THE ARTS OF HONG KONG: AN EXCLUSIVE VISIT [2 GUESTS]
Catalog Note: Concept meets curation at Duddell’s, Hong Kong’s new creative hub for contemporary arts and fine traditional cuisine. IfOnly and Sotheby’s have unlocked special access to this vibrant cultural salon with private tours of its world-renowned art collections, a Michelin-star dinner, and luxury accommodations.
Your art-inspired adventure in Hong Kong begins with a two-night’s stay at the stunning Upper House Hotel. Relax in your Studio 70 suite, which boasts spectacular views of the city’s harbor, before waking for breakfast at Cafe Gray Deluxe. Then venture to Duddell’s for a private tour of its exhibits with curator and art historian Catherine Maudsley. Explore the best of international modern and contemporary Chinese art (including rarely seen pieces from the archives of private collectors). Afterward, join Catherine for pre-dinner cocktails in Duddell’s lush garden terrace for further insight to Hong Kong’s burgeoning arts scene.
Following the tour and drinks, enjoy the privacy of the exclusive Library Room which will be reserved just for you, where you will be served an exquisite 8 course dinner with paired wine and champagnes. Duddell’s award-winning Sommelier and wine expert Derek Li will guide you through his choice for the evening with elegant pairings of traditional Cantonese dishes with award-winning wines.
Finally, learn how to prepare a Michelin-starred dumpling during a hands-on cooking class conducted by Duddell’s dim sum chef.
On your second day, receive a private tour of the Asia Art Archive (AAA) and an introduction to the Hong Kong art scene by AAA co-founder and Executive Director Claire Hsu.
Funds from this experience will benefit Asia Art Archive. One of the most valuable growing collections of material on the recent history of art from Asia, AAA builds tools and communities to collectively expand knowledge through research, residency, and educational programs.
- Private tour of Duddell’s art collection with curator and art historian Catherine Maudsley
- Two-nights accommodation in a Studio 70 suite at Upper House Hotel with breakfast at Cafe Gray Deluxe, generously donated by Upper House Hotel
- Eight-course Cantonese dinner at Michelin-starred Duddell’s Hong Kong
- Pre-dinner cocktails with Catherine Maudsley
- Private tour of the Asia Art Archive with Executive Director Claire Hsu
- Dumpling-making experience with Duddell’s dim sum chef (to be arranged during 3-5pm on either day of your stay)
Sample Tasting Menu:
- Krug, Grand Cuvee, Reims, Champagne, France, N.V.; Double boiled matsutake mushroom, bamboo pith, Chinese cabbage
- Braised Whole Yoshihama abalone 30 heads, fish maw, supreme abalone sauce; Laherete Freres, Ultradition, Rose, Champagne, France, N.V
- Steamed local young lobster, egg white, caviar; Chateau de la Malttroye, Clos du Chateau, Chassagne-Montrachet, Burgundy, France, 2015
- Pan-friend Kagoshima A5 Wagyu beef, wild mushroom, black pepper; Paul Jaboulet Aine, La Chapelle, Hermitage, France, 1996
- Sauteed asparagus, fresh crab meat; Fried rice, crispy iberico pork, sweetened preserved vegetable, egg white; Double boiled imperial bird’s nest, almond cream; Malmsey, Blandy’s, Madeira, 5 years
- Petit four
Exclusions and Restrictions:
- Scheduling is mutually agreeable and based on availability
Accepted Forms of Payment
American Express, COD (cash on delivery), MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Other, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer
Conditions of Sale
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 0.0% and any applicable taxes and shipping
Conditions of Sale for Experience Art & Culture: An Online AuctionPrint
SOTHEBY'S OFFERS A COMPREHENSIVE SHIPPING SERVICE TO MEET ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
IF YOU RECEIVED A SHIPPING QUOTATION OR HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SERVICES WE OFFER PLEASE CONTACT US.
COLLECTION AND DELIVERY
POST SALE SERVICES
+ 1 212 606 7444
FAX: + 1 212 606 7043
ONCE YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND CLEARED, PROPERTY MAY BE RELEASED. UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED BY SOTHEBY'S, ALL PURCHASES MUST BE REMOVED BY THE 30TH CALENDAR DAY FOLLOWING A SALE.
COLLECTING YOUR PROPERTY
AS A COURTESY TO PURCHASERS WHO COME TO SOTHEBY'S TO COLLECT PROPERTY, SOTHEBY'S WILL ASSIST IN THE PACKING OF LOTS, ALTHOUGH SOTHEBY'S MAY, IN THE CASE OF FRAGILE ARTICLES, CHOOSE NOT TO PACK OR OTHERWISE HANDLE A PURCHASE.
IF YOU ARE USING YOUR OWN SHIPPER TO COLLECT PROPERTY FROM SOTHEBY'S, PLEASE PROVIDE A LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION AND KINDLY INSTRUCT YOUR SHIPPER THAT THEY MUST PROVIDE A BILL OF LADING PRIOR TO COLLECTION. BOTH DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT TO POST SALE SERVICES PRIOR TO COLLECTION.
THE BILL OF LADING MUST INCLUDE: THE PURCHASER'S FULL NAME, THE FULL DELIVERY ADDRESS INCLUDING THE STREET NAME AND NUMBER, CITY AND STATE OR CITY AND COUNTRY, THE SALE AND LOT NUMBER.
SOTHEBY'S WILL CONTACT YOUR SHIPPER WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIPT OF THE BILL OF LADING TO CONFIRM THE DATE AND TIME THAT YOUR PROPERTY CAN BE COLLECTED. PROPERTY WILL NOT BE RELEASED WITHOUT THIS CONFIRMATION AND YOUR SHIPPER MUST BRING THE SAME BILL OF LADING THAT WAS FAXED TO SOTHEBY'S WHEN COLLECTING. ALL PROPERTY RELEASES ARE SUBJECT TO THE RECEIPT OF CLEARED FUNDS.
PLEASE SEE THE CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.